- ½ lb Raclette cheese, coarsely grated
- ½ lb mimolette, coarsely grated
- 8 slices Bayonne Ham
- 2 cups arugula, washed, dried
- 1 T EVOO
- as needed salt/black pepper
- 2 ea Empire or Gala Apples, ¼’d, cored, sliced
- 1 ea red onion, small, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 ¼ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 sprig tarragon
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
For the pickled apples: Combine the vinegar and sugar in a pot over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the liquid evenly over the apples and tarragon. Place uncovered in the refrigerator and either cover once cool or use right away.
For the grilled cheese: Toast the slices of whole wheat until golden brown.
In a non stick pan combine the grated cheeses over a medium-low flame and stir with a non stick spatula until melted and bubbly. Visually divide the melted cheese into four portions.
Toss the arugula, olive oil and salt/pepper.
Brush the toast with the butter and assemble the sandwiches as follows: bread, 2 slices prosciutto, ¼ of the melted cheese scraped from the non stick skillet, ¼ cup dressed arugula, 5 slices of pickled apple and onion, bread.