- 1 sheet frozen pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cubed black forest ham
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed if frozen
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs, plus 1 egg, lightly beaten for brushing the piecrust
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Brie, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the piecrust, trimming the edges to fit the plate and using your thumb to flute the edges. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
2. In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the green onions, sprinkle with salt to taste and cook for a few minutes, until tender. Add the ham and peas to the skillet, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Stir in the cooled ham and pea mixture. Remove the piecrust from the fridge and brush the edges with the egg wash. Pour the filling into the piecrust and top with the Brie slices.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.