- 2 zucchinis
- 30 g butter (half-salted)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 300 g of Arborio rice
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 50 g of Comté
- ground pepper
- Wash and finely chop the zucchini.
- In a Dutch oven (or any heavy-bottom pot), melt the butter over medium heat. Add the zucchini and garlic to the pan to sweat. The vegetables should achieve a translucent color without browning.
- In a separate pot, gently heat the chicken broth.
- Add the rice to the Dutch oven and stir. Each grain of rice should be coated with the butter.
- Pour 2 ladles of heated broth over the rice. To create a rich, creamy risotto, you have to stir constantly until all of the broth is absorbed by the rice. Repeat the process of adding two ladles of broth and stirring until all of the chicken broth has been used. Cook time can vary between 17 and 18 minutes. Once the rice has finished cooking, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Take the risotto off of the heat. Add the cream and the Comté and stir to combine.
- Serve the risotto on either a plate or bowl. Finish by grating more Comté over the top.
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking time: 22 min
Difficulty level: Easy