200 g spinach
1 white leek
40 g half-salted butter
1 short crust pastry or pie dough (can use store bought)
12 pieces of shrimp
1 slice of smoked salmon
8 cl of whole milk
5 cl of fish stock
8 cl of heavy cream
1 pinch of nutmeg
30 g of grated Emmental cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Thoroughly rinse the spinach and allow to dry.
- Peel and wash the carrot and white leek. Cut both into a fine julienne and sweat in 20g of melted butter.
- In another saucepan, melt 20 g butter and add the spinach. Cook until the spinach has wilted, and any excess water has evaporated. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C
- Spread out the pie crust in a pie pan. Cover the pastry with a sheet of baking paper and blind bake for 15 minutes (the process of baking just the pastry by covering with parchment paper that’s been weighed down with something like rice or dried beans).
- While the pastry bakes, prepare the seafood. Start by removing the shell and deveining the shrimp.
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips.
- To make the filling, separate the yolk and the white of an egg. Add the yolk to a salad bowl and add two more whole eggs. Whisk the egg mixture together and incorporate the milk, cream, fish stock and nutmeg. Mix well and season to taste.
- Add your vegetables and seafood to the pie crust and cover with your egg mixture. Cover the whole pie with Emmental and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, lowering the temperature of the oven to 160° C after the first 15 minutes of cooking.
- Cut and serve.
Preparation time: 45 min
Cooking time: 1 h 5 min
Rest: 5 min
Difficulty level: Easy